Wednesday 26 May 2010

LondonTYPE



My focus in the Vernacular Type workshop was experimenting with found native typefaces to create vernacular hybrid letterforms.



Although some of these showed promise, after developing the 'spires' type graphic from the stencil workshop, I realised this might make a visually arresting complete typeface, and so opted to pursued this further...



I have since been gathering a variety of source typefaces which might work well with the spires annexed, and the next step is to experiment which works best stylistically and aesthetically...



Instead of the ambigram form of the typeface I used for the outcome from the Stencil workshop, I will experiment using the uppercase alphabet for the 'spires' font family and the lowercase as the 'inverted spires/dripping blood' font family...

No comments:

Post a Comment