Thursday 27 May 2010

CARDBOARDLondon



My outcome from the 3D construction was one of the towers from the iconic Battersea Power Station. Although it had potential for a detailed scale model of the landmark, it didn't immediately grab me and so I set about exploring other possibilities for a 3D outcome, finally finding inspiration in the pop-up work of David A. Carter, which I realised could provide an interesting spread in my final book.




I began by emulating some of Carter's pieces, roughly reworking them with iconic London imagery, and experimenting with how to make the popup work effectively.








I now need to continue to develop this concept into a spread I can include in my book...I had been sitting on this one for a while, however a music video caught my eye in the gym yesterday which has really inspired me to get back on developing this idea - its a video for singer Lisa Hannigan's song 'Lille' and is beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment