Friday 23 October 2009

J'aime Collage!

I'm loving the collage task - my plan so far has been to collect any images which jump out at me and then have a mammoth arranging/sticking session at some point in the near future. I'm thinking the collages will be most interesting if the images come from a range of sources, so I've been procuring images from; the free papers and magazines on the tube; some second-hand books, which cost me the princely sum of £2.30, including Diana for Girls - 1965 and Understanding Antiques; and some questionable magazines/flyers from bars in and around Soho... Unfortunately I now can't look through any printed material without first scanning the page for interesting images or text...

One of the reasons I'm really enjoying the task is because I applied for the FdA was because I knew there were probably ways to unlock creativity but didn't know how to go about it...Cue collage - by creating the collages almost automatically it opens up a whole load of possibilities and avenues which I know I would never have gone down had I approached the whole thing 'intellectually', overthinking each decision.

Here's my kitchen table is it stands at the moment......now I just need to source some A6 cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment