Monday 12 October 2009

WELCOME

This card caught my eye a couple of days ago - it's publicising the newly live website for Balham pub The Clarence. The interior design of the pub itself offers a modern twist on quintessential Britishness - think an array of lampshades, clocks and chairs...I love the simplicity of the doormat graphic; it perfectly compliments the pub's sense of British charm and wit, and cleverly transforms the rather abstract concept of the website into a space that is not only concrete in the viewer's mind, but which is also warm and inviting.

I'm not crazy about the back of the card, I think largely due to the type which to me looks a little clunky and unrefined, but it is relatively similar to that used on the website so at least it's consistent...

No comments:

Post a Comment