Thursday 15 October 2009

Ron Petrie says

The above jumped out at me from an August edition of Design Week (Apologies for the retrospective nature of the past few posts, but I had an inspirational summer!), so it made it into my clippings folder. It came from an article by independent coach Ron Petrie entitled 'Stepping up to the next level; Just doing a good job isn't good enough any more. If you want to make a difference now, you have to be brilliant at what you do' [Design Week 13.08.09]. The article itself was pretty informative, and was basically highlighting the need to take control of and responsibility for your career, by being 'action-oriented'. As a burgeoning graphic designer on the cusp of a new course and a new career the above points really inspired me to jump into my studies with both feet, to ensure I come out the other end 'brilliant at what I do'...

No comments:

Post a Comment